Wednesday, August 8, 2007

I woke up Monday morning to find something very strange going on in my aquarium. About 8 of my glowlight tetras were hanging out at the top, at about a 45 degree angle. You can clearly see two of them doing this at the top of this picture, and if you know what you're looking for, another couple off to the right.

I did a water test, and everything was within the proper parameters, so I don't know what they were doing. Do they do this frequently and I just hadn't noticed before? I'm going to have to keep an eye on that!

Speaking of the aquarium, we added five julii cory cats over the weekend. They are very active and fun. And, our old, green cory cats have been invigorated by the addition of the albino and julii cories this past month. They're acting like they did a few years ago when we first got them!

We are amazed at how big one of our green cory cats is. He's a giant!

And a pleco watch update: we still have not seen her since late December. We are afraid that perhaps she no longer exists.

We also have a snail infestation! Thomas wants to round them up and throw them in the garbage, but I am not allowing this. We're hoping to add some clown loaches to the tank (they eat snails) to help with this problem. I'm not sure why I'm ok with adding fish in that will eat the snails, but I'm not ok with just throwing them in the garbage. These are all snails that smuggled their way into our tank via live plants that we purchased a few years back.

No comments: