Monday, October 29, 2007

As I've mentioned before, we always keep bins of 2X4 slices around our house. When Rocky feels the urge to chew, he'll go over and grab a slice instead of taking a chunk out of our woodwork. We didn't do anything to teach him about what was acceptable to chew and what wasn't -- sometimes their intelligence astounds me!

After he grabs his piece of wood, he'll bring it under his cage to chip, chip it over Thomas's feet, or the equivalent:
Rocky recently received a new toy from the Parrot Asylum. I placed it on the toy holder that's on the play top of his cage. Over the 6 months or so that he's had this new cage, I've placed maybe 15 different toys up there. This is the only one that's piqued his interest enough to climb on it and explore! Here are a couple of different pictures of him on his new toy.

This is photographic evidence of Max eating an apple. Of course, looking at it, it could also be a grape or piece of paper or a marble. I swear it's an apple! I have been giving her apples several times a week for almost 6 years. Only once before has she deigned to eat any. I honestly don't know why I keep trying. I was so excited when she took a bite! I guess persistence does pay off! Rocky never understood this quirk of hers since apples are among his favorite foods!

No comments: