Monday, October 22, 2007

Yesterday was another beautiful day. A little on the warm side, especially for October, but I'm not complaining! Thomas had the day off, so we decided to go for a hike. There were so many people out enjoying what will probably be one of the last nice days of the year. As we walked by this tree, we were both struck by how beautiful and majestic it was.

This is the spring that we were hiking to see. Unfortunately, it was murky and we couldn't see any of the water bubbling up from the ground. Thomas loves springs, so we try to hike to them as often as we can. There are some beautiful springs that are a little bit further from our house that we will go and see later this fall (if the weather continues to cooperate) or next spring.

On our way back, we ran into two snakes. Thomas was walking slightly in front of me, and he almost stepped on both of these guys, about 15 minutes apart. Luckily, they moved in time and so did he! But it was still enough of a scare to get his heart racing. I know, they were probably more scared than he was! And yes, after the second snake, he did make me lead the way, which turned out to be snake-free!




Thomas was playing with Rocky yesterday as we were lazing, watching football, and I was also knitting. After they were doing this for a bit, I remembered the blog and ran to get my camera. Rocky loves this kind of one-on-one attention he gets from his chosen person. We would never do this to any of our other birds, as they don't enjoy it. But, when Rocky's in the mood, he will run up to Thomas and roll over, indicating that he wants to play like this.



Rocky had a great weekend, as he got to spend a lot of time with Thomas. Sunday morning, we were listening to the Beastie Boys. Thomas is a huge fan, and I like them too (although not as much). However, the parrots LOVE this music. I think it's the beat, but they all start dancing when they hear this music. Then, Rocky started rapping. I couldn't get it on video, but he was repeating, "Rock Rock Rock Rock Rock Rocky" along with the music. I will attempt to get this on tape at a later date!!!

No comments: