Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The other day I was doing some cooking and had premeasured out the sour cream needed for the recipe. I wasn't keeping a close enough eye on my ingredients, as I found this:

Just look at her beak; coated in sour cream! For anyone who knows me in real life, I do keep a closer eye on my ingredients when I'm making something that will be shared outside my family!

Yesterday morning, I had cut up an apple and gave a small piece to the birds that eat apples (Rocky and the caiques). I left the caiques and Max alone in the kitchen for a few minutes. Unsupervised, with the apple. I returned to see that Beeps had flown to the table and created this destruction of one of the slices:

The most frustrating part is that I don't think he actually ATE any of the apple. He was just destroying it! I placed him back on his stand and offered him what was left of the decimated slice, but he turned his nose up at it. Calypso was more than happy to take the apple, although he barely ate much before dropping it on the ground.I know the head-on picture isn't the most attractive, but you can still see Calypso's beautiful colors. Even though I see him every single day, his beauty stuns me.

After the apple incident, Beeps came over and wanted to be picked up. How could I possibly resist this little adorable bunch of feathers?

2 comments:

DweezelJazz said...

Very cute! I don't know how you keep track of 'em all! I have a time with just Jazzy! She gets into everything just like it looks like all your little crowd does. :)

Mary said...

Luckily the caiques and budgies are generally well behaved. I think I might be crazy if I had more than one grey. Max, as it sounds like Jazzy does, gets into everything! The others are at least a little bit better about knowing their boundaries :)