Thursday, March 6, 2008

Hi Babycakes!

Last night, I was in the living room taking pictures of the parrots, hoping to capture something for the blog.

As I've mentioned many times, Beeps is not a huge fan of technology, and starts posturing when I get too close with a camera, phone, or other electronic device.

One way he shows off is to go to his latest favorite toy (or whatever's closest) and chew on it while keeping an eye on me. He did that last night, grabbing a piece of corkwood to chew on. He did this while I was taking a still picture of him and then said, "Hi babycakes!" which is why, in this video, I am calling him Babycakes -- trying to get him to say that again (which he does, towards the end of the video).

His eyes are flashing red, letting me know he's excited. He also does a mini posture with a quick head movement. Those of us with caiques must learn their expressive body language in order to live harmoniously with these little bundles of energy!

No comments: