Friday, September 12, 2008

Friday ramblings

Another week has passed -- wow! I didn't take a single picture last night or this morning. I guess I should have saved some of yesterday's posts for today. Instead, I will post some random, mostly parrot-related, thoughts that are running through my head.

I was running a bit late and since I was going to be alone at the office today, I decided not to dry my hair. I thought about not showering, but decided that since I did have to go out in public, a shower was definitely necessary!

The greys both love it when I have wet hair. I don't think either one has even preened my hair when it's dry, but when it's wet, they can't get enough.

Last night in our clicker training session, Calypso perfected taking a bow. It will be interesting to see how he does in tonight's session!

The greys have many similar personality traits, but they are also very different. Max is much more independent and Stella is much needier. They are both quite jealous of the other birds, especially each other.

I am supposed to run 16 miles tomorrow. Right now, the weather forecast indicates thunderstorms all day. I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I don't think I could handle 16 miles on my treadmill, even with "What About Bob?" playing. I also don't want to be struck by lightening.

I am so happy that I found pandora. My workday happiness has measurably increased by having this music playing all day. Also, I have been exposed to some new artists, leading to quite a few CD purchases.

Stella and Calypso have their annual vet visits next week. I am not looking forward to this. Thomas can't make it, unfortunately, which just adds to my stress since he's the one that really understands medical issues and can ask important questions. Luckily I don't suspect anything is wrong with them, so this shouldn't be a major issue.

I don't want to wish my life away, but I can't wait until Thomas no longer has to spend the night at the hospital (21 1/2 months). I married him because I want to spend time with him! I sometimes wonder if medical school was worth it...

I'm going to the library after work and I can't wait!

2 comments:

Scritches.com said...

Thanks for the note about pandora. Very Cool and I'm enjoying it a lot.

Mary said...

I'm so glad you're enjoying it as well! I don't know how I made it through work before this...