Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I need to stay strong...

I've mentioned many times that we have a new pet ban currently being enforced in our house.

So, why do I do this to myself?

I was looking at our local humane society's website, and they have a 6 year old female English budgie up for adoption. English budgies typically have lifespans of 6-8 years, so she's near the end of hers.

I really want to go and get her -- I was sure she'd get adopted over the weekend.

This evil voice inside of me keeps telling me that we should bring her home. But then the sane part of me reminds me that we have limits for a reason.

Sigh...

Hopefully I stay strong and you won't read a new bird announcement in the blog in the upcoming days...

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Okay - I am definitely not a good influence here - but if the other Budgie could share a cage with Daphne...that doesn't really count as being another pet right? At least that's how I do pet math. :)

Scritches.com said...

I don't think MBS (multiple bird syndrome) is curable . . . .

Mary said...

We've decided to hold off for now. Daphne didn't appreciate it when we tried to add another budgie (Jeff Saturday) last December. I try telling myself she wants a friend, but I suppose I could rationalize anything with that attitude. Stay tuned -- if she's there long-term we may pick her up.

Wildbird said...

Hey Mary: Took a look at that budgie's picture and it looks to be to be an American rather than an English (judging by its head and facial features). Hope this little bird gets adopted into a loving and caring home soon. By the way, love the wisdom of "Beloved Parrot".

Mary said...

Wildbird,

I took another look at that budgie, and I think you're right. I shouldn't be so quick to trust labels :) I hope she does find a good home; at this point, it won't be with us. I need to know my limits!