Monday, October 6, 2008

Exhaustion

I took this picture last week but never got around to posting it. After dinner, Beeps has been joining Rocky on his favorite parrot stand: Thomas. They stay far away from each other, and Thomas is there to stop any fight that might start. Beeps has been quite hormonal for about a week or so now. We've been able to avoid attacks -- just barely -- by closely watching his body language.
Beeps had to go in his cage early yesterday because he kept trying to attack me during dinner. It can be messy to duck an attacking caique with a spoonful of mashed potatoes!

I took this picture on Saturday afternoon. Thomas ran a hilly 10K race that morning. It was the first time that Thomas ran a race without me. Usually we either run together, or he's the spectator. But since it was the day before my marathon, I needed to rest my legs. I spent an enjoyable hour reading while he ran.

When he got home, he was exhausted, and Rocky was pleased to be able to spend time with his favorite person.
Hope everyone has a great week! Things are a bit busy so I probably won't get around to reading blogs until later this week. Can't wait to read what you have been up to!

No comments: