Friday, January 23, 2009

Nut party!

The day after the dance party, Thomas and Rocky were alone in the kitchen. I was upstairs changing clothes, and the rest of the parrots were in the living room.

Thomas said to Rocky, "Want a nut?" As he was giving Rocky his almond, the three good flyers (Max, Stella, and Beeps) all flew into the kitchen at the same time, as a flock, each begging for a nut in their own way. Max said, "Want some!" Beeps beeped. Stella extended her neck towards Thomas as far as she could.

Thomas said, "I guess we're having a nut party today!"
Beeps eats his cedar nuts so quickly, it's almost impossible for me to get a picture of one in his foot. But, I loved the way his head tilted in this picture:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is a cedar nut? Harley is wondering if he'd like one....

Mary said...

Pamela,

I will take pictures of the cedar nuts and post information next week.

Harley might not like them. Neither of my greys will eat them. The caiques love them, though!

DoodleBird said...

"Beeps beeped"


hahahaha, that just struck me as funny.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, well, Peanut would have killed - KILLED I TELL YOU - for a sunflower seed. But Harley doesn't touch them. What's up with that? So you just never know....

Barbara Heidenreich said...

Are you the Mary of the Mary Hughes artwork link? If so, we published an article about you in Good Bird Magazine. Beautiful art!

If not...my apologies.

Barbara Heidenreich
www.GoodBirdInc.com

Mary said...

Barbara -- I remember reading that article! I'm not Mary Hughes, but she has become a friend of mine and has done portraits of my parrots. I have a link to her blog in my sidebar: http://maryhughesstudio.blogspot.com/

You're so right about her beautiful art. She is so talented, and an amazing person as well!