Monday, January 26, 2009

Parrots misbehaving

But what else should I expect from them? I've recently been writing about Max and her behavior on the fridge. She loves hanging out on the top and has claimed it as another perch. As you can see, we've had to keep the first few inches clear of any magnets as one of her favorite things to do used to be throwing everything in her reach to the ground. In this old post, you can see her being quite disrespectful to Salvador Dali!

I'm not sure how she managed to reach these sub coupons, but she was quite proud of herself and ripped up the corner before throwing the entire sheet on the ground.A few hours later, Thomas and Rocky had gotten into a little disagreement. Rocky didn't like the shirt Thomas was wearing, so after a futile attempt of attacking him (Thomas said, "I'm not letting a macaw dictate my wardrobe!"), Rocky took to following him around the house, keeping a few feet of distance between him and Thomas. I know, I know, it's very strange.

Thomas was in the bathroom, using the facilities. Normally, Rocky would be right in there with him, but he didn't want to be so close, because of the shirt. I was upstairs, when I heard Thomas call to me, "Can you stop Rocky from eating the buttons off of my jacket?"

I rushed to the scene of the supposed button defacing, only to be met by the scene at left.

As we were leaving shortly, Thomas had placed his jacket on a doorknob instead of hanging it up. Rocky wasn't eating the buttons; he was using them to get a foothold so he could climb up the jacket.

He puffed up his feathers and opened his wings in order to threaten me by showing me how big and scary he is.

I removed Rocky, so that he couldn't poop on the jacket, and everyone was happy again.

1 comment:

DoodleBird said...

Can I ask you something...is Thomas your husband or son? I can't tell. lol