Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Faces of aggression and other stories

Rocky was being adorable last night, dancing and rapping, so I went over to try to take a video. He immediately stopped and started posturing to threaten me, so I took a few pictures. I told him he was a day late since these wouldn't get added to the body language post!************************
One of the things I don't like about it being light out later at night is that Max will sometimes fly into the kitchen after dinner, hanging out by herself. I know I posted about this last year, but couldn't quickly find a post to link to. I'll bring her back in the living room, and she'll fly back to the kitchen. She just hangs out on her stand, occasionally singing or dancing.

Last night, Stella joined her, and the greys hung out in the kitchen while the rest of the family was in the living room. Strange.

*************************
Today was another time when I had a hard time leaving the house in the morning because Calypso was being so adorable. He just wanted to sit on my hand and make kissing sounds. Every time I put him down, he'd go right back into his begging posture to be picked up, and of course I obliged. It's hard to believe he's been with us almost five years!

*************************
I just got back from having lunch with Thomas, and he was trying to talk me into adding another bird to our house! (A blue-crowned conure that's up at the rescue where we volunteer.) I could not believe my ears. We have no room! And truly no more time to give without shortchanging the parrots already in our house. Generally I'm the one that wants to add more and he has to be the sensible one; apparently not this time!

1 comment:

Rebecca K. O'Connor said...

Yep. I'm not picking THAT parrot up! ;-)