Thursday, April 9, 2009

Curious Stella

Trying to get into the onions -- does she have a death wish? Although I have never heard of a story where a parrot got sick from eating onions, they are on all of the lists of food to not feed parrots, so our guys don't get to eat them. Thomas and I aren't willing to cut them out of our diet, though, so we just have to be careful around them!After she realized she couldn't get into them, she flew down to the floor and tried to dig a nest under our cabinets. Unsuccessfully, I might add. Here she is, about to fly down for the nesting attempt:Last night as I was brushing my teeth, Thomas called me into the kitchen to see what my grey was up to:I had been to the store earlier in the day to buy lizard greens and almonds. I hadn't yet put the almonds away, so Stella decided to help herself. After walking on them for a few seconds, she got down to business:It's a bit hard to see, but there are almond crumbs between her feet and the bag left over from the first almond she extricated -- she's going back for seconds here.

No comments: