Thursday, August 6, 2009

More Stella

Can't believe it's been a week since my last post. Don't worry -- things are fine chez crazy parrots. I guess I just haven't been in a picture-taking mood, and combined with an increased workload at work, the blog's taken a backseat.

Many thing happen that I think, "I should remember that for the blog," but then forget.

Last night, we were eating salads again, and Stella went up to the bowls, probably hoping for a nut, like here. However, I hadn't gotten around to putting the nuts on yet. Upset, she angrily threw three pieces of lettuce on the floor and would have thrown more if I hadn't managed to remove her from the counter. I couldn't get a picture of this, or half of the salad would have been on the floor.

************************
Last week, Thomas placed a couple of bottles of beer on the floor. Stella flew over, and tried to entice one of them to give her head pets, as seen here. When she wants head pets, she'll come over to Thomas or me, give a distinctive "click" sound, and bow her head.Obviously, the bottles did not oblige.

*************************
As if this hasn't been obvious lately, Stella has been such an incredible joy to have in our house. She fits in amazingly well, and has really blossomed. How lucky we were to have, unintentionally, found such a jewel.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I'm so glad things are going well. You're such a consistent poster, that I was starting to wonder!

Anonymous said...

Three cheers for Stella - and Mary and Thomas who took her in! A real success story, and thank you.