Tuesday, November 24, 2009

New running partner

We still can't add a dog to our house, but I am getting my dog fix thanks to a friend's foster dog. He's a 10 year old chihuahua mix and he loves to run! My friend is not a runner, so I'm planning on running with him a few times a week. Our first time out, he was a little too interested in sniffing things, and he needed to run/walk back (interval training!) but I'll turn him into a runner, unless he gets adopted too quickly (which, for his sake, I hope is the case!)

Speaking of running, I was heading back home after my run this morning when I noticed another runner across the street. I waved and thought, "who is that nut wearing shorts in this weather?" and then realized it was Thomas, also out for a run! (I don't wear my glasses when I run so everyone is rather blurry). I turned around and joined him, adding a few miles on. What a wonderful start to the morning!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Ooh, that would be perfect! I've never wanted to own a dog, but I would love to have one accompany me running. Dogs are so happy to get exercise.

Mary said...

I love dogs, but with the parrots, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to have one. Certainly not in our current house!

So this is just about perfect; I only wish he lived closer so I could do it more often!