Thursday, June 24, 2010

Somewhere, pigs are flying

Continuing with dinner preparations last night, I was chopping up an apple for our salads. For over 8 years I have tried to get Max to eat apple. Only a few times has she ever done so, and it was when we got special apples from our antique apple CSA -- in November 2008. She has expensive taste!

I could tell she was being sneaky last night, as she flew over to the counter where I was chopping. I told her to leave it alone since she doesn't like apples. I don't mind sharing if the bird is going to eat it, but I'm not a big fan of having them throw food on the ground.

She quickly grabbed a piece of apple and flew to the back of the chair and...ate the apple!I'm not sure if this was a one-time thing or if it signals an expansion of her diet.
Once again, she shocked me. Just when you think you know your parrot...

No comments: