Monday, November 8, 2010

Attempted bonding

With Thomas gone, things are going less smoothly than usual, particularly where Rocky is concerned. Calypso prefers me, so he's quite happy with Thomas out of the house. Stella, Max, and Beeps are basically equally tame to us both, so they are fine with me. Rocky, on the other hand, does not like me. He's quite upset that Thomas isn't around. I keep reassuring him his love will return!

For several hours over the weekend, Rocky screamed basically non-stop. I understand he's frustrated that Thomas is gone, but it is quite unpleasant! Thomas suggested that Rocky was lonely, so I should towel him and smother him with attention.

I did this (the picture is a bit blurry; sorry!) which seemed to help a bit. Rocky thrives on physical affection, and with Thomas gone, I'm not going to give him any unless he's restrained!While toweled, he told me he loved me and kept saying "gimme kiss! *kiss kiss kiss*" as I preened his head. After a few minutes of this, I could tell he wanted out, so I put him down.

Later, I set up a mini-shrine to Thomas, with his sandals, and Rocky happily chipped wood there:
Thomas will be home soon, and we can't wait!

2 comments:

belovedparrot said...

Poor Rocky!

Poor Mary!

Mary said...

This is almost over! I'll try to get a video of the reunion. Rocky will be so happy!