Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Last night's dinner

I've decided that we need to start cooking a wider variety of meals as we'd gotten stuck in a rut these past few months.  I've been flipping through my favorite cookbook, Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything Vegetarian, and marking recipes to try.  Last night was a potato/quinoa/red pepper dish.  It took a bit longer than I thought, so Thomas and the parrots kept me company in the kitchen while I finished.

After a few minutes, he brought my cookbook over to me, tattling on Max:
Luckily she did not destroy any of the pages, but she did enjoy being ferried around; one foot on each page.

When the meal was done, she flew over and helped herself.  If you look at her eyes, you can see they are pinning.  She LOVED this dish.  Sad for her, we thought it was OK, but not something we're planning on adding to the rotation, so this was probably a one-time thing.
Another new dish is planned for tonight; we'll see if it gets the parrot and human stamp of approval!

2 comments:

phonelady said...

Yep good to see that someone else's meals have to be human and parrot approved .. LOL !!!

belovedparrot said...

I can always tell when Charli loves a new dish -- she'll put her left foot onto the dish lest someone dare take it away from her. I call it the "Charli's Left Foot of Approval."