Monday, September 5, 2011

Recovering Rocky

Thomas and I are in training for another marathon, which meant a 20 mile training run on Saturday.  When we returned, the parrots were happy to relax with us.  Rocky had been sipping some recovery drink, but took to threatening me when I tried to take a picture:
Finally, he acquiesced.  Mostly, he drinks water, but he does get a few sips of recovery drink from time to time:
Then, Thomas was peeling a banana.  He'd planned to share bits with the parrots, but Rocky wasn't taking chances, as he ran up to the counter to make sure he would be included:
Since it was so hot and humid over the weekend, the shower we had after our 20 mile was the most satisfying one we'd had in a while.  This may be unpopular, but I can't wait for fall and the cooler weather to follow.

2 comments:

phonelady said...

I cannot wait for fall and winter.

Michelle said...

Fall is my favorite time of the year and I look forward to it every year. Love your flock, especially Max, as I have a timneh also.