Saturday, April 26, 2014


Hello!  I can't believe how weeks go by without a post now.

There are many times throughout the day when I think that I should take a picture for the blog, but I have no camera handy.

But I thought I would ramble a bit anyway.

Things are very good. The parrots are thriving.  I'll post some pictures soon.  All of them are learning new tricks, and love our house.

I have a boyfriend.  After going on 40 first dates, I found someone that I want to spend more time with!  He absolutely loves the parrots -- he is kinder to them than Thomas ever was, and the parrots reciprocate.  My friends want me to write a book about my 40 first dates.  Maybe I will, but for now, I just make them laugh with stories.  Life is so interesting!

It's so strange how life is.  I thought that I had hit the jackpot with Thomas, but I was just fooling myself into thinking that I was happy.  I didn't realize all that life had to offer, and I realize now that I was existing and not really living.  In the two-plus years that I've been single, I had more fun than in the eleven years we were married.  I so wish I could go back in time, shake my 20-year-old self, and tell me not to get involved with someone who is a psychopath!  But alas, that is impossible, so I just move forward.

I'll post more, with pictures, soon.  I love you all!


Christine Lee said...

So good to hear from you!
I love to read your blog even when there are no pictures; your words just radiate a warmth and joy for life, and for your parrots.
Hope to get to read more about your boyfriend, the parrots, and yourself soon!! :)

Komal Sharma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Komal Sharma said...

Beautifully written and very educational and informative...thank you!


Woman in Love said...

Was thinking of you so I checked into your blog which hasn't been updated in a while! Guessing that means you're busy busy with Life! Good for you (but I miss reading you).

Caitlin Bird said...

I'm so happy for you Mary! It's a freeing and sometimes frightening experience to leave a relationship with a psychopath! Thank goodness our birds are there for us!

Caitlin Bird