Friday, August 22, 2014

Sad news - RIP Beeps

I'm still alive.  Still taking pictures of the parrots, though not as frequently as before.  I need to take some time to update with what's been going on.

The biggest, and saddest news is that I had to euthanize Beeps in June.  I'll upload some pictures of him -- we had a great last few months as I knew he was ailing.  Unfortunately, he progressed to the point where I was torturing him by keeping him alive.  It was one of the most difficult decisions I had to make, but I know that it was the right decision, even though I still miss him.  I haven't uploaded pictures to my computer since May, so here's a placeholder picture:
I'll post more later about him, as well as about other things that have been going on in my life.

In general, things are great!  My job is amazing, I love my house, friends/family are wonderful, my animals love me, I live in what I consider to be one of the best neighborhoods in a fantastic city -- everything is great except for the dating scene.  Although, I have so many funny stories, and keep accumulating them, that my friends are begging me to write a book about it.  I'll see!

More shortly -- I don't want to clutter this post with too much other than Beeps.  He suffered so much before he came to me.  I had him for nearly 8 years (not long enough, as he was only 16 so should have lived another decade or two.)  He found happiness here, and he made me laugh nearly every day.  I miss hearing his distinctive whistle, and his "Pretty baby!"

He's buried in my backyard, under an appropriate marker.  I am glad to know that he's no longer in any pain, mental or physical.  I miss him every day, but am glad I had the chance to get to know him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about Beeps, he was obviously loved.