Saturday, April 26, 2014

Hello!

Hello!  I can't believe how weeks go by without a post now.

There are many times throughout the day when I think that I should take a picture for the blog, but I have no camera handy.

But I thought I would ramble a bit anyway.

Things are very good. The parrots are thriving.  I'll post some pictures soon.  All of them are learning new tricks, and love our house.

I have a boyfriend.  After going on 40 first dates, I found someone that I want to spend more time with!  He absolutely loves the parrots -- he is kinder to them than Thomas ever was, and the parrots reciprocate.  My friends want me to write a book about my 40 first dates.  Maybe I will, but for now, I just make them laugh with stories.  Life is so interesting!

It's so strange how life is.  I thought that I had hit the jackpot with Thomas, but I was just fooling myself into thinking that I was happy.  I didn't realize all that life had to offer, and I realize now that I was existing and not really living.  In the two-plus years that I've been single, I had more fun than in the eleven years we were married.  I so wish I could go back in time, shake my 20-year-old self, and tell me not to get involved with someone who is a psychopath!  But alas, that is impossible, so I just move forward.

I'll post more, with pictures, soon.  I love you all!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

So good to hear from you!
I love to read your blog even when there are no pictures; your words just radiate a warmth and joy for life, and for your parrots.
Hope to get to read more about your boyfriend, the parrots, and yourself soon!! :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Beautifully written and very educational and informative...thank you!

___________
www.dogbazar.org

Woman in Love said...

Was thinking of you so I checked into your blog which hasn't been updated in a while! Guessing that means you're busy busy with Life! Good for you (but I miss reading you).

Unknown said...

I'm so happy for you Mary! It's a freeing and sometimes frightening experience to leave a relationship with a psychopath! Thank goodness our birds are there for us!

Caitlin Bird