Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Here is my adorable caique, Beeps. I don't think that he's ever taken a bad picture! He seems to know where the camera is and strike a pose every time.



And here is my first caique, the one who turned me into a caique-nut: Calypso. I don't think he's ever taken a good picture! Which is really too bad because he is the most gorgeous caique ever (and I'm not biased or anything!) However, when the camera comes out, he puffs up and starts swaying, so the photos are usually blurry. Here is a picture of him doing one of his favorite things: chipping up slices of untreated 2X4s. I hide a bunch in his cage every morning, and when I come home from work, they are all chipped up into his water bowl.

Here is a video of Beeps chipping up a 2X4. I really cannot say enough good things about this inexpensive toy! All of my parrots love chipping them up. You can vary the thickness (and therefore the difficulty) depending on your parrot! We keep a basket of 2X4 slices on the floor, and when Rocky feels he needs to destroy something, he will walk over and get one instead of chewing up our woodwork or the fishtank (we learned the hard way about this!) Even Daphne chips these up, although her chips are more like slivers and one slice lasts her about a year, whereas everyone else can go through over 20 in a day.


No comments: