Friday, December 21, 2007

A couple of Rocky videos

I recently placed yet another order with TNT Bird Toys because they carry some of my parrots' favorite toys. Rocky absolutely loves the Wheel Tweet Foot Toy. Rocky was not a big toy-player when we got him; we know he went at least 6 years without toys before he came to us. So when I find something he likes, I stock up!

When the package arrived Wednesday, I took out one of the toys and tossed it towards him. He yelped with glee and started attacking and jumping on the toy. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera ready, and by the time I came back with the camera, he was more interested in trying to threaten me than play with the toy.

However, as you can see in the following video, he also loves playing with this toy when he is inside his cage:

I've been playing the ipod more lately instead of listening to the radio -- is it just me or have the ads increased to almost unbearable quantities? When "Hey Ya" by Outkast came on last night, Rocky got so excited. I have the music on a bit too loudly, so it's hard to hear some of the noises he is making. Also, towards the end, he was ramming his head into the bars. I reminded him that he wasn't a woodpecker and this might cause headaches, but he kept it up.

I've mentioned before that Max provides a soundtrack to our lives. Earlier this week, I realized a new sound that she picked up -- the sound of me flossing my teeth! She loves hanging out in the bathroom, so at night when I go to brush my teeth, she follows me in there and hangs out on the shower curtain. As soon as I grab the floss container, she starts making the little "pip" noises.

1 comment:

DweezelJazz said...

Jazzy has a bunch new toys for Christmas too. She likes to unwrap hers, we give them to her with wrapping paper twisted around the toy.

Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones and may 2008 bring you many good things.