Wednesday, December 5, 2007

I think the parrots are plotting a coup...

...or at least Max and Rocky are. Thomas had to work Saturday, so I was alone with the parrots. Rocky found Thomas's flip-flops, turned them upside down, and started preening/nesting with them. Max flew over to take part in the fun.

Then, the two of them started playing on the stairs, running up and down together. It was all very strange. Rocky will sometimes run up and down the stairs if he's calling for Thomas or me, but it's never been a place where he played. Max recently has begun hanging out on about the 6th step so that her body is mostly obscured but she can look at us through the railing. (Please excuse the dust on the railing -- sometimes things show up in pictures that are hardly noticeable in person. I have since cleaned them!)
Here is a video of the two of them racing up the stairs. I think Rocky got a head start. Plus, he was racing up, trying to attack me, so he had extra incentive to win!



Later, I realized Max was missing and found her resting at the top of the stairs, waiting to be brought back with the family.
I didn't get any pictures of this, but later on, I found Max and Rocky on the kitchen table, chewing up the same piece of newspaper. These two never get along! In fact, Max is jealous of Rocky and buzzes him at every opportunity. I have no idea what they're up to, but will let you know if I ever figure it out!

And here is one last video. I was hoping to get another video of the two of them climbing up the stairs, from the opposite angle. However, as soon as Rocky noticed me taking the video, he abruptly changed course and decided to try to get me instead. Since I know he can be sneaky, I expected an attack and he didn't get me. He has been quite aggressive since we returned from vacation. I'm not sure if this is due to our absence, hormones, or something else entirely.

No comments: