Thursday, December 6, 2012

Max finds a new favorite artist

Last month, a friend called and asked me if I wanted to see Father John Misty perform.  I had never heard of him, but I decided to go.  Even though it was in a city over an hour away and it started at 10 pm on a work night!  Her friend had canceled on her at the last minute and she didn't want to go alone.

I loved it!  He was such a great performer (I might have picked up some new dance moves) and the music was great as well.  I purchased his CD and have been listening to it quite a bit.  One of the few albums that I love front to back.

I never know what music will strike Max's fancy. Sometimes I need to encourage her to dance, but sometimes she just likes the way something sounds.  She loves Father John Misty! 

Had I thought to take a video at the beginning on the evening, she would have been even more enthusiastic -- I think she was getting a bit tired here:
One of my new good friends works at the organization that comprises the three best concert venues in town, so I have been going to so many concerts these past few months.  I had forgotten how much I love to see live music!  This weekend, another friend and I are going to see a Queen tribute band.  Apparently the lead singer really channels Freddie Mercury.  I can't wait!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Hi Mary...I'm hoping you see this. I was looking at an older post about Rocky. I am a devoted severe macaw owner (24 years with the same bird) and would love to tell you about Kizzy). And guess what? Dave moved in with me about 13 months ago and Kizzy loves him and it is a harmonious and peaceful living arrangement. I never thought that Kizzy would accept all three of us together but she did! It has been fabulous. However, Kizzy is quite exceptional. I will be happy to tell you all about her if you are interested.
Laura Sanders

Macarons Recipes said...

Great bllog