Thursday, October 23, 2008

A visit to my friend's house

Over the weekend, Thomas and I visited one of our friends. She has parrots. One of her parrots is the most vocal parrot I have ever met. He regularly embarrasses her by yelling, "Knock it off!" out the window at the neighbor's dogs.

He is a great singer and has many songs in his repertoire. His favorite is "Old MacDonald," but I love it when he sings a song with the following lyrics: "Oh Lord, it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way!" I had never heard this song before, but it just seems to sum up a parrot's personality so perfectly!

I kept trying to get him to sing the humble song, but he responded by singing "Old MacDonald" or by telling his owner, "I love you soooo much!" As we were leaving, he repeatedly called to us, "See you in a little while!"

My friend reported that as soon as we were out of the house, he launched into "Oh Lord, it's hard to be humble" and sang it repeatedly throughout the rest of the night.

What a goofball!

2 comments:

Scritches.com said...

I love parrots! I don't even mind that they're smarter than me.

Mary said...

This one in particular is just so funny! My plan for next time is to pretend like I don't want him to sing that song. Can I use reverse psychology on a parrot?