Monday, June 29, 2009

Pet ban? What pet ban?

Yes, I've talked about our pet ban before. Who really thought I was serious? (Though we did go over a year without adding anyone!) I admit, I did, but maybe I'm just gullible. I also thought we'd "just foster" Rocky and Stella and find them new homes.

Although it's not definite yet, meet the (probable) newest member of our family:He's a male red-footed tortoise; probably around 3 or 4. He's been living in rescue with a bonded pair of red-footed tortoises. However, once they become sexually mature, there's a good chance that he would fight with the male, so they're looking for a home for him.

I love tortoises, and this guy is pretty friendly. He's waiting to get a clean bill of health from the vet, and then he'll probably come to live with us. We're in the process of assembling a habitat for him, and I've been doing mad research to make sure we provide him with the best care we can.

Stay tuned!

No comments: