Thursday, June 25, 2009

Showers

Here are a couple of shower scenes from the past few days. I've been trying to avoid using shampoo bottles to separate the parrots, since Stella, Rocky, and Calypso immediately go to the bottles and push them off the ledge. Rocky actually aims the bottle at Thomas, who has received bruises, while Rocky laughs.

For the most part, the parrots have been pretty good about respecting the other parrots' space.
Today, I realized it had been a few weeks since I'd just had the caiques in with me, since I usually bring at least one grey. I would love for Beeps and Calypso to get along. Yet, after almost three years of living together, you wouldn't know they were the same species based on their almost non-existent interactions. They both will stand closer to the greys than they will each other.Sometimes I'll have one on each knee and I'll talk to them about how they should be friends. Imagine how good it would feel to have another caique do your pins! Wouldn't you like to have a same-species buddy? Apparently I am not very persuasive!

No comments: