Friday, November 11, 2011

Not just cookies

Yesterday, as part of my breakfast, I was eating an apple with peanut butter.  I had put the requisite ingredients (can I call them ingredients if there's only two?) on the counter.  It came as no surprise what happened next.  Max loves peanut butter and Stella loves apples.  Curiously, Stella does not like peanut butter and Max does not like apples.
 Even though Stella does not like peanut butter, when she saw Max beaking the jar, she had to join in:
But she quickly moved on to my apple!  I hadn't even started to cut it up yet.
At the kitchen table, I was eating my breakfast while minding my own business, when Stella flew over, grabbed a piece of my apple and helped herself:
I was just reading in a book yesterday about studies showing that wild animals prefer to forage, even when food is readily accessible to them.  That's certainly true for my greys.

1 comment:

Steph Mee said...

Hello, I know this is irrelevant to the post, but I need to ask a question and I don't know where best to put it. I've noticed that on your pictures one or two of your parrots have been plucking. I was wondering if you could help me. Both of my parrots (African Grey and a Senegal) have been plucking too. They won't stop we have tried everything. We have them out often and give them lots of love, they also have lots of toys so there is lots to do. We have tried types of food and even this stuff you put into water that's supposed to decrease irritation, yet they still do it. We just don't know what to do, we don't want them to be, well, bald.

I would love for you to help.
Thanks for your time :) xxx