Friday, September 25, 2009

Business trip recap

I'm back from Boston; I was only away for about 30 hours, which is the same amount of time Thomas is away when he's working!

After talking to Thomas on the phone Wednesday night, I didn't think I'd have anything interesting to report about what happened in my absence since he said things went quite smoothly.

When he picked me up at the airport Thursday evening, he said, "I have something to tell you about Stella."

Apparently he'd forgotten to do his final parrot check before work on Thursday and she'd spent the entire day free in the house!

We are very lucky in that she is not destructive. He found poop in the sink, poop on the counter, a pile of down feathers in front of the stove, and more pieces of carpet ripped out of the carpet scrap in front of our door. He found her perched on top of Max's cage and he claimed she had a satisfied look on her face (I think he was projecting!)

She was in for a rude awakening today as I had returned and made sure she was in her cage before I left!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

When mom's away, the birds will play. :-)

Scritches.com said...

Oh wow -- I bet you know how lucky you and Thomas were! And you've clearly done a great job with Stella since she didn't get into major trouble.

Did you play the lottery, just in case? ;-)