Thursday, September 17, 2009

Pears

I got some pears from the farmers' market yesterday. One was so perfectly ripe and delicious. Even though I wanted to keep it all to myself -- it was that good -- I decided I could share a bit with the parrots.

Max is easy. She doesn't like apples or pears. Even though she says "want some!" as she sees me cutting them up, when I offer her some, she just turns her head. I don't even cut her a piece anymore -- the one she rejects ends up going to the next bird!

The caiques are fruit monsters. I don't think they've ever met a fruit they didn't love.

Calypso:
Beeps:
Stella, as usual, didn't want to hold any, instead taking bites out of mine:
Even though Rocky loves pears, if I offer him some, he'd rather bite my hand than take the food. It doesn't make any sense to me, either. This is what I have to do:


Here he is with his pear:
Rocky likes pears, but he loves apples. Last week, Thomas played a trick on Rocky. He told Rocky he was going to give him some apple, but it was really a pear. Rocky was so disappointed, he didn't eat the pear, throwing it immediately to the ground in disgust. Yesterday, when he knew it was a pear and not an apple, he devoured the fruit.

I told Thomas he shouldn't play tricks on the parrots, but he said Rocky likes it. I'm not so sure!

1 comment:

Scritches.com said...

Poor Rocky! Thomas shouldn't do that to him.