Monday, September 14, 2009

Show tunes

On Saturday, I had returned home after my training run of 22 miles. After my shower, I felt fantastic -- just so alive and happy. I went upstairs to my bedroom and started getting dressed. Unbeknownst to me, I had been followed upstairs by Rocky, who joyfully cried "hello!" as I jumped up from the shock and immediately went on my bed so he couldn't attack.

I started singing "Luck be a Lady" and he joined in. Well, he started moaning in the way that he sings, while dancing. Apparently attracted by the commotion, Max then popped her head in my bedroom after climbing the stairs to be with us. She also started dancing and whistling along.

After we went downstairs, I put the Guys and Dolls soundtrack on, and we had a singing/dancing party.

Here's Rocky:


I've mentioned before that I've been trying for years to get Max to whistle some Mozart. She does not want to do this, apparently. Over the weekend, I've decided to try to get her to whistle "Luck be a Lady" instead. It may be my imagination, but I think she's made some progress.

We're definitely not adding any new birds to our flock, and there's no guarantee that if we did they would do this anyway, but I was thinking how fun it would be to have a cockatiel that whistled, or an amazon that sang, show tunes.

No comments: