Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Max has been in a major floor walking mood lately. The first floor of our house (the only floor that the parrots occupy) is all hard floors, so it's easier for us to clean than carpet, with the added bonus of being able to hear them scurry around (especially important for stopping Rocky's sneak attacks).

When Max walks around the floor, she normally either scurries or walks around with her head upside down, dusting the floor. Both ways are completely adorable, in my view! Since we don't have dogs or kids, it's safe for the parrots to walk around on the floor. I just think it's odd that Max chooses to do so since she is a proficient flyer. Lately she's even been flying to the floor so she can walk around!

Rocky is another floor walker (hence his amazon-short tail). Surprisingly, Beeps and Calypso rarely go on the floor. I've heard from other caique owners that their caiques are always off exploring, so I guess I'm just lucky here!

Anyway, here is a video of Max scurrying in the back hallway. This is, by the way, the same hallway that Rocky protects. I'm not sure what's so special about it, but Max and Rocky both really like it!

No comments: