Friday, April 11, 2008

Grindhouse

We were at the library the other day when I noticed that the 1st season of The Sopranos was in. Yes, I realize we're about 8 years behind the rest of America. We've wanted to watch this series, but have been hesitant to pay around $60/season to buy it. I've been keeping an eye open at the library, but usually they have newer seasons, and I really want to start at the beginning.

In any case, we can check out DVDs for 2 weeks from the library, which means we have 2 weeks to watch 13 episodes. As Thomas has overnight call this month, this means we may have to watch several episodes in one sitting.

Wednesday night, we were wrapping up the third episode of the evening (!) when I noticed that every single parrot was grinding their beak. We had kept them up about 50 minutes past their usual bedtime. This was the first time I had ever heard Daphne grind -- usually she just goes to bed.

We looked at each other and said, "It's like we're living in The Grindhouse!" Neither one of us saw that movie, so we have no idea what it really is like, but the title sure seemed to describe what was going on in our house.

So far, we've watch 6 episodes, with 7 remaining. I think we'll be able to get through them all before it's due at the library. Now I have to hope that we can get season 2 before I forget everything that happened during season 1!

Have a great weekend!

No comments: