Thursday, September 4, 2008

Other goings on in our house

We harvested one of the creepiest tomatoes I've seen. I think it may have been of the Cherokee Purple variety. Thomas and I both had a bite, but it was quite mealy and we couldn't bring ourselves to finish it.
As more evidence of my classiness, I drink my wine out of a sturdy beer glass instead of a wine glass. This is so that it has a lower chance of getting knocked over by one of my flying and/or curious parrots.

Max preened the glass a bit, but decided not to try to take a sip after smelling what was in the glass (we would have stopped her from drinking the wine in any case).
We got a watermelon from our CSA and were eating it for dessert last night as we watched Greatest American Dog. Rocky was intrigued and climbed up on the arm of the couch to investigate:He finally decided he wanted to try it, and was happy when he did!Speaking of Greatest American Dog, this is the only show we're watching this summer. Thomas thought I was crazy when I told him I wanted to watch, but he's been sucked in as well. I think next week might be the final episode. I think this has something to do with my dog envy.

I keep thinking of how a show like this would be next-to-impossible with parrots. While we're watching it, we do joke about what our parrots would be like completing the various tasks (not good)!

No comments: