Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Our first harvest of the year!

Excitement ran through our house as we had our first harvest of the year! We have many tomatoes and peppers growing on our plants, so this is just the first of what we hope will be many more to come.

With one pepper, we really couldn't do much cooking. As Max loves jalapenos, I decided to offer the pepper to her. Denied! She just kept turning her head so she wouldn't even have to look at the offending vegetable. The pepper remains uneaten but I will try again tonight.
I think this is the first time she's seen a bowl of cabbage, and she ran over to investigate. She didn't throw it out of the bowl like she does with greens, but she was licking it.
This picture doesn't go along with any theme I may have going today, but he's just so adorable, especially when he's trying to show me how big and scary he is. This was taken while he spent some time in the bathroom as I changed their food and water in the morning. He has been covering his head with his wing and chewing on one of his toes, which I'm trying to capture with the camera since that's such strange behavior!

But when he sees me come in with the camera, he starts posing before I can get a shot.
He just looks so cuddly and it's all I can do to not grab him up and hug him, like Thomas does. Luckily my brain has been able to restrain this impulse as I would surely be bloody if I ever tried such a stunt with him!

5 comments:

Mary said...

He's saying he doesn't want to be the first to try out your harvest. :) Great video!

Scritches.com said...

That cuddly look and behavior are false advertising. All parrots are in on a conspiracy to take over the world, and the more weakened you are by blood loss from bites the easier you are to manipulate. Be on guard!

Congrats on your first pepper, too.

Mary said...

Mary -- so you're thinking she might just be too polite to eat the first vegetable? Perhaps... :)

BP -- You are so right. Although I think Rocky would be happy enough to have me out of the house so he can have Thomas to himself -- I'm not sure if his plans are as grand as the entire world :)

Scritches.com said...

Mary: Are you getting my responses to your comments via my gmail account?

I'm still new to this blogging stuff.

Mary said...

BP: I don't get any notification, but I try to remember to check back a few days later to see if you responded (especially if I asked a question). Work has gotten a bit busier lately so I haven't been able to do that as frequently lately. I just noticed a box I should check for follow-up comments to be e-mailed to me. I'll try that with my next comment to you!