Friday, August 8, 2008

No pictures today

I did not take any pictures yesterday, so this will just be a wordy post.

I have realized that I may have a mini attention issue. I am in the process of reading about 10 books. Some of those have been put to the side, but there are 4 that I am actively reading (in that I am reading at least a chapter every other day).

In case anyone cares, these are my 4 active books:

I am trying to finish at least two of these books over the weekend to bring my in-process books to a more reasonable level. Which meant that I did a lot of reading last night and not so much picture-taking!

I am also in the middle of three knitting projects, which may not sound like a lot, but since I am not a fast knitter, these three projects are likely to last me until the end of the year. And I bought more yarn last week!

Yesterday I offered a container of trail mix to the greys and caiques, allowing them to pick their favorite morsel. Based on previous experience, I expected the selection to go as follows:

Max: cashew, Calypso: raisin, Beeps: filbert, Stella: almond

Thomas's guess was:

Max: cashew, Calypso: filbert, Beeps: filbert, Stella: almond

It appears we know our greys but not our caiques! Or perhaps the greys are just more predictable. Their actual selections were as follows:

Max: cashew, Calypso: walnut, Beeps: walnut, Stella: almond.

Walnuts! The caiques have NEVER chosen walnuts before! And they chose them on the same day, when neither saw what the other one selected. It was very strange and I'm going to have to pay better attention to see if the caiques often pick the same item.

Hope everyone has a good weekend! We're volunteering at the bird rescue again, which means I get to spend time with my new boyfriend, a blue and gold macaw. I will try to take pictures of him so you can see how handsome he is! My old boyfriend, the greenwing macaw, was adopted so I had to move on!

No comments: