Thursday, February 12, 2009

Imitating Greys

Last night I went into the kitchen to clean up after dinner. Of course, the greys followed me. I left the kitchen momentarily, and returned to find this scene. I'm not entirely pleased since I don't want Max to start thinking the stove is a playgym also.

In other news of Max imitating Stella, last night she found a marble on the floor that Beeps had thrown out of his foraging bucket. Apparently this kicked in some kind of nesting instinct in Max and she worked to push the marble under her so she could sit on it, as though it were an egg. Then, she started digging, like Stella does. This is the first time we've seen this behavior out of her (the digging, that is. She has previously tried to sit on a pecan). We're going to watch her closely as we don't want to encourage nesting behavior in our females due to concerns of egg-binding.

No comments: