Friday, May 13, 2011

Blogger problems

My posts from yesterday have vanished!  Supposedly they will be back at some point; if not I will try to rewrite them next week.  In the meantime, here are pictures of two of my ladies at the rescue.

I don't understand how the macaw is still up for adoption.  She's been with us about a year and is one of the sweetest birds I have ever met.  As an added bonus, she's not particularly loud!  How has she not found a home?

Have I mentioned lately how much I love the older blue and golds?  I'll probably never have one due to the size difference with my smaller birds, so I'm glad I get the chance to interact with them somewhere.

This amazon has been with us only a few weeks, but begs to come out of her cage when I walk by, so we've become fast friends.  Since she talks, she'll probably be adopted quickly, though her feather destruction may deter some people from wanting to adopt her.
In addition to these ladies, I have bonded with two special needs severe macaws, a yellow-crowned amazon, another older B&G macaw, a younger B&G macaw, and a timneh.  Interestingly enough, all females.  We have so many amazing birds up for adoption right now!  Rumor is a caique will be surrendered in the next few weeks.  Yet more reminding myself that we are full at our house.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!  Thomas and I have a race, and then lounging around, recovering.  Probably some bird-watching, too.

No comments: