Friday, May 20, 2011

Brian's bathing antics

In another installment of "be careful what you wish for" -- three Brian videos!  My friend may regret ever making this request.  Earlier this week, Thomas was sitting at the table eating his post-run breakfast, including some Gatorade.  As part of a nervous tic, he was moving the glass around, which intrigued Brian to no end, as you can see in this video:


Unfortunately, I stopped taping about 5 seconds too soon.  Thomas lowered the glass to show Brian what was inside -- and Brian dove head-first into the Gatorade!  Thomas had to pull him out by his tail and then we had a sticky budgie on our hands.  Thomas was a little sad that his Gatorade was no longer drinkable, but more relieved that Brian was fine after his mini-adventure.

Thomas grabbed a bowl and attempted to get Brian to bathe; which was semi-successful:


Then, he remembered a glass pan we had that would allow for constant budgie-appropriate depth.  Unfortunately, Brian got a little distracted by the camera, but once I put the camera away, he did drench himself.
Of course, the typical ending occurred.

4 comments:

phonelady said...

I love watching birds taking a bath . they are so cute .

Michelle said...

I have had many budgies, but none as animated and endearing as little Brian! What a treasure. Thanks for sharing him with us!

Scritches.com said...

What a happy little birdie!

Tammy@Simple Southern Happiness said...

For me there is noting cuter than birds taking a bath. I see you have a full house, I bet there is so much birdy love there.

I dont know how I came across your blog, I sure loved my visit.