Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snowday

I took an unexpected vacation day from work yesterday as there was more snow than I like to drive in. Luckily I have a very flexible job and boss!

I had to take two conference calls (so I suppose not exactly a vacation day!) and was a bit worried about doing this with loud parrots in the house. Luckily, all they did was beep and make other mechanical-sounding noises. My boss told me he couldn't hear them, though he may have and just thought that someone had a microwave alarm going off in the background.

During the past two years, the heavy snow fell came when Thomas had to spend the night at the hospital. Seriously. The weathermen could have saved time doing their forecasts and just looked at Thomas's call schedule to announce feet of snow. I do not even want to think about how many hours I spent shoveling.

That has not been the case this year! Thomas is on vacation this week, so he got to do the snowblowing (I don't like using the snowblower and will shovel instead).I'm glad I live in an area that is used to snow. The roads were great today. My friends who live in DC have told me they're not as lucky.

No comments: