Friday, June 24, 2011

The lizards are still alive

Doing a recent search, I realized that it's been almost a year since my last update on the lizards.  They certainly don't provide the entertainment and photo ops that the parrots do!

In any case, as was the case last year, they are loving summer.  During the winter, I can go weeks without seeing them, but now, I see them every day.

They are reaping the benefit of our CSA as they are getting a wider variety of healthy greens than can be found at a grocery store.  They especially love anything that has yellow flowers on it (though I suspect dandelions are still their favorite.)

Here's, Elsa, thinking about trying these new greens out:
And, in mid-chomp:
They don't like their regular food to eat it out of my hand, so I make sure to feed them special treats like this at every opportunity.

Since they've been out of their hides more, Rocky has renewed his interest in Elsa, as her cage is at his level when he's walking on the floor.  Pretty much every day this week, he's gone up to her, greeted her, and then fake ate her (making chomping and chewing sounds and motions in her direction.)  She is oblivious to this, and he gives up after a few seconds.  I'd love to get it on video, but since it happens so quickly, this is unlikely.

No comments: