Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Odd sleeper

I'm not sure if I've posted a picture of this before or not, but Thomas and I were talking about it again this morning, so I took a picture.  Basil is the strangest sleeper ever!  All the rest of my parrots have a sleep perch -- usually the highest perch in their cage -- where they spend the night.

Basil, however, clings to his cage bars, on either side of a corner:
I can't imagine this is comfortable, at least not compared to a rope perch!  I must add that he spends his days perched on normal perches -- it's only at night when he goes to the cage bars.  Also, when he naps, he does so on a perch.

What a funny guy!

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

There was a time when Conner would sleep just like that at the top of the cage. I put in a perch that is so high that he has to crouch to stand on it and he sleeps on that now. Weirdo.

The Homeless Parrot said...

My Sennie sleeps like that frequently.

phonelady said...

none of my birds sleep like that .

D. Richard said...

I have a Fischer LoveBird that does that or did that for a year , Now he sleeps in a on a little snuggle hut. Still a very Shy insecure bird . In my experience this is the way birds that would normally sleep in holes in trees , sleep when in cages

Scritches.com said...

Basil is so adorable I don't care how he sleeps!