Monday, July 16, 2007


What happened to Rocky? He mysteriously injured himself over the weekend. He has been playing amazingly rough with his toys lately, and we think we've discovered physical evidence of this. This first picture was taken of him after a shower. You can tell that I am taking the picture as his wings are outstretched and he is trying to show me how tough he is. I may have Thomas take a picture of him sometimes with me out of the room so you can see that his wings are not permanently outstretched!

In this close-up taken from the above picture, you can see red marks just outside of his lower mandible. What happened, Rock? He doesn't appear to be in any pain, and we'll watch it to make sure it goes away in a few days, or he'll be off to the vet.

I love how birds look when they're wet. Rocky in particular. He is such a gorgeous bird, and when he's wet, his colors change to an almost olive color. He's starting to dry, so you can see a mix of green and olive green in him.

Luckily, all of my parrots love to bathe, and they do so frequently!

No comments: