Monday, January 18, 2010

Butterflies

Over the weekend, we went to a local indoor butterfly garden. Though I do wish that they could just live wild in their native habitats, hopefully some visitors will take an interest in conservation after visiting.

I particularly enjoy watching the newly-hatched butterflies in various stages of transformation:
This guy attached himself to the bottom of my jacket, and lots of people were taking pictures of my backside:
He stayed with me for about 20 minutes, as we walked all over the garden!

A side-view close-up:
He looks creepier from the front!
There were a bunch drinking from the waterfall:
Finally, with a bit of coaxing, my new found friend flew off, and we were able to exit the exhibit.

1 comment:

Meg said...

Lovely pictures! Looks like you had a good time, even if your backside is on facebook pages by now!

I feel so ashamed of how remiss I have been in keeping up with blogs; it has just been a hard winter. I have tried to read them some, though, and I wanted to say that I was sorry to hear of Calypso's hormonal trouble, and I hope his body lets up on him soon.