Thursday, December 4, 2008

More lizard tales (tails?)

Andreas has been much more active this winter than previous winters. I have seen him every day for several weeks now.

Uros can get snalt crusted around their nostrils, as Andreas does around his right one in this photo. It's a mixture of salt and snot, and perfectly normal. Andreas often has snalt, whereas I don't think I've ever seen any on Elsa. My vet told me not to worry about this, though.Elsa has not been as active as Andreas this winter, and I hadn't seen her for probably a week before yesterday, when she was out basking:When we got them, they had been on colored sand for quite some time, which resulted in their skin being discolored. We've had them for a year and a half, and they have not yet shed all of their old skin. My current focus is Andreas's tail. Last weekend, several of his tail scales were loose, revealing more of his black tail. The vet was a bit concerned that he hadn't completely shed, but told us to wait until next year's exam before doing anything about it since they were otherwise healthy.
And here's a quick video of me removing the snalt from Andreas. That's Rocky screaming in the background. He's rather jealous of the lizards, which is funny since they don't require or demand much attention.

No comments: