Monday, December 8, 2008

Fun with Parrotnutz

With the temperature cooling down outside, I decided it was time to place another food order with Parrotnutz. One of my favorite product lines that is offered are the mashes. They are very healthy for parrots and, as a bonus, super easy for me to make!

I take 1/2 c. of the dry mix and add 1/2 c. of boiling water. Stir it up, and let it steep for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. To make it easy on me, I make the entire mix in Rocky's dish, and then I parcel it out to the others:
Then I put 1/8 c. of seeds in each bowl and mix it up.

Everyone loves it! Here are some of their satisfied faces:

Rocky:Calypso:
Beeps:
The greys, apparently being a bit neater than the others, did not make good photo subjects for this entry although they did thoroughly enjoy the food!

3 comments:

DoodleBird said...

I've never heard of Parrotnutz. I'll have to try that stuff (well, Nani will have to try it, I prefer a mash-free diet).

Meg said...

Parrotnutz looks really interesting, and no soy! Yay! I might have to check them, though I am pretty used to making my own food, since it is hard to buy any that is safe for me to have in the house. And those are really great pictures, by the way.

Mary said...

Tomorrow, I hope to post pictures of them eating some of the other goodies they got. Some of which I partake in as well :)

Meg -- thanks for the picture compliment. It can be hard to get good pictures, especially of Beeps who loves to show off and threaten to attack the camera! Also, I know the owner will do special orders if there's something you did want to try, but a bit differently. We've had quite a few e-mail conversations during the ordering process and she is a great lady!