Friday, December 26, 2008

Pictures of the ladies

Earlier this week, I was taking pictures of Daphne. She is underrepresented on the blog, as she rarely gets into mischief. Entries about how wonderful she is would quickly get boring! In any case, since she is extraordinarily beautiful and sweet, I wanted some pictures. Additionally, she is getting up there in age (at least 5 years old, as far as we can tell), especially for a half-English budgie. I really regret that I don't have more pictures of Ethel, our previous budgie, and don't want to make the same mistake with Daphne!

It's really hard to get a good picture of Daphne. When I use the flash, her coloring contributes to the result of her looking washed out. When I don't use the flash, she turns out blurry. Thomas saw my frustration, and pulled out the tripod so we could get some decent pictures of her.

Here she is, on top of her cage:And a close-up:He then started taking tripod pictures of Max:
And Stella:I'm sure it was just coincidence that he only photographed the female birds of the house!

2 comments:

Meg said...

Daphne looks so sweet, she is very pretty! I know what you mean about feeling like she is underrepresented, I often feel that way about my budgies and teils when talking about my birds.

Mary said...

I have a Daphne story, but need my husband to take a picture of it. Compared to the larger birds, she just doesn't get into interesting trouble for blog fodder :) Which is a good thing -- I don't think I could handle another Rocky, for example.