Friday, March 19, 2010

Double take

Look familiar?
It's not Rocky! He's a severe macaw who's currently up for adoption at the rescue where I volunteer. I am getting pressure from all sides (including from Thomas!) to adopt him.

Most interesting argument: I like even numbers, and then I'd have two greys, two caiques, and two severes (and two uromastyx lizards). But touching on my math obsession is a bit low. Plus, he would bring the total number of parrots to seven, and Daphne has made it clear that she doesn't want a budgie companion.

He's just about the cutest thing ever, and he loves me. Proves that all severe macaws don't have poor human judgment (I mean, come on, how does Rocky NOT like me?)

After I visit with him, I tell Rocky about the affair I'm having with his counterpart, but it hasn't changed his attitude towards me.

No comments: