Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Dreams

Thomas woke up angry with me. I knew something was up during the night because he'd built a blanket wall against me and slept further away from me than usual.

I got an answer this morning.

He had a dream that I let Max escape. Even though he eventually found her, he was so angry that I had allowed this to happen that he let it affect his behavior towards me! (I said, "So basically your dream was what actually happened in 2005?")

After a quick check this morning to make sure she was safe in his cage, he left for work, marital peace restored.

(Also, I had had a vivid dream about caiques. We are very weird.)

*************************
On another topic, Rocky has been so pleasant with me lately. I still make sure to keep a stick with me at all times, in case he's trying to lull me into a false sense of security. However, our paths cross multiple times a day in the hallways of our house (for instance, I'm walking into the living room and he's heading towards the kitchen) and he hasn't made any threatening gestures. Even his head feathers have stayed smooth against his head and his wings have not opened to show me how big and scary he is.

This is probably just a cycle in our relationship, but I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts!

No comments: